As you can see in the Crangasi demo, you can show off your social profile using some nice icons. Here`s how you would set them up:
- Go to Appearance -> Menus.
- Click Create a new menu.
- The name of the menu should be Social.
- From the left panel, go to Links.
- Pretty straightforward from here. Enter the URL for your social link (e.g. http://facebook.com/john.doe), add a name for your link (e.g. Facebook), then just click the Add to Menu button.
- Continue adding links for your social network profiles.
- When you`re done, just assign the newly created menu to the Social position.
Supported networks (meaning: an icon is available):
- Google Plus
As you can see, all you do in order to display your social links is to create a menu. This means that your links remain in your WordPress instance, so you keep them all in one place even if you change themes. Of course, that means you can rearrange the links as you would do with any other menu items. Also, you can assign them to a different position, like a sidebar widget.
- Credits for the idea of using social links in a menu go to Justin Tadlock.
- The social icons are part of the Font Awesome set.